Hello, world! Welcome to our Soup: Veggie Lentil Delight recipe post. Are you looking for a healthy soup that will cleanse as well as vitalize your body? Well, we have a recipe wonderful recipe created just for that! For this soup, you will need kale, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, tomatoes, potatoes, and lentils. Instead of cooking up our own broth we decided to buy two 34 oz Ferrer Homemade Taste vegetable broth from our local grocery store. Preparation is always the first step to enjoy a delightful meal so read more to find a few tips for this recipe that can be executed the day before cooking.
Tips for Soup: Veggie Lentil Delight!
- Soak, peel, and dice potatoes
- Mince garlic
- Chop/dice onion
- Chop celery
- Medium slice carrots or chop (sliced is our preference)
- 68 oz Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 Kale bunde
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Carrot (Preferably 1 Large carrot, sliced)
- 1 Celery bundle (chopped)
- 3 potatoes (2 large potatoes or 3 small potatoes: soak, peeled, and diced)
- 1.5 cup Lentils (rinsed )
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Avocado oil
- The first step is to set stove temperature to medium setting. In a 5 quart pot, add 2 tablespoons of oil and allow the oil to heat.
- Once the pot has reached temp add the diced onion, sliced celery and carrot to the pot. Cook until the onion and celery is translucent then add minced garlic and the kale. Remember to check the temperature and stir ingredients inside the pot occasionally.
- Add dry ingredients (Tip: 3 pinches of salt, spices can always be added later for desired flavor)
- Next, cover the pot with a lid to steam kale. Cook for roughly 5 minutes or until kale is a dark green color. Add broth and raise the temperature to a medium-high setting.
- Add the diced potatoes while gradually stirring to check the consistency. Simmer for 5 minutes before adding lentils. After adding lentils, allow soup to cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, Check lentils to ensure the texture is not too hard or soft due to under or overcooked. Add the diced tomatoes.
- Finally the last task is to taste the flavors to ensure your soup is delightful to the tastebuds.