Swap out traditional pizza crust for our spaghetti squash pizza crust. We think it is actually pretty good!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 salt
- Cut squash in half. Scoop out seeds.
- Then coat squash in a teaspoon or more of oil. We used grapeseed oil. Bake at 375°F for about 45 minutes or until the inside is easy to shred with a fork.
- Scoop out insides and place them on a surface with paper towels. We used a baking pan with paper towels and cheesecloth to soak up the excess moisture. This step is necessary to attempt to mimic pizza dough texture.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and include the baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix squash, egg, and spices.
- Once the oven is hot enough, remove the baking pan, cover with parchment paper. Add squash mixture over a baking sheet in a thin layer. This step is essential because it will determine cooking time. Bake until edges are brown, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Remove crust. Cover in a small amount of sauce, cheese, and favorite toppings — Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or as preferred and cheese has melted.
- Enjoy this recipe for spaghetti squash pizza crust!
We did not drain out as much moisture from the squash as needed to make it a thinner crust. The picture shown is more of a deep-dish pizza crust 🙂 However, it was just as yummy. We recommend draining as much moisture as possible and spread the squash mixture as thin as you’d like for the ultimate spaghetti squash pizza dough experience!